Josh Strittmatter is the founder and president of Strittmatter Wealth Management Group, LLC a Registered Investment Advisor located in downtown Fort Worth, TX. Josh is a Certified Financial Planner practicing for 16 years in DFW. His firm specializes in Retirement Planning, Estate Planning and Investment Management. All information discussed in today's program is meant to be educational only. For more information including key disclosures, please visit their website www.strittmatterwealth.com.
Good morning Josh! It is great to talk with you again this morning.
Before we get started this morning, I know you are always teaching classes and having workshops so why don’t you tell our listeners when and where your next one will be....
1. Maria from Fort Worth asks “I have several investment account including a Traditional IRA, a Roth IRA and taxable account. What is the best way to pay myself from these accounts in retirement?”
2. Chris in Weatherford asks “I am saving to my 401k right now through my job. How much can I save per year and how much should I save per year”?
3. Betsy in Flower Mound asks “I have a Traditional IRA and have been told to convert it to a Roth IRA. Is this a good idea?”
4. Larry in White Settlement asks “I am getting close to retiring from Lockheed Martin and I have a pension plan. There are lots of different payout options. How do I choose which one to take?”
5. Lateesha in Arlington asks “I have heard a lot about Social Security running out of money. Should I be worried?”
6. Doug from Burleson asks: “I am wondering what is the best age to pull from Social Security?”
7. Jerry in Fort Worth asks “I use to work at AT&T and have a retirement pension plan. I was recently offered the ability to take all of my money now from the pension instead of taking it as a monthly payment. Is this a good idea?”
8. Robert in Frisco asks “I keep hearing the term “Institutional Investing” what does that mean and how is it different that regular investing?”
9. Richard from Godley asks “I have heard you talk on the radio that you guys are a fiduciary. What exactly does that mean and how does that help me”?
10. Dana in Fort Worth asks “What is the best age to buy long term care insurance?”
11. Ryan in Weatherford asks “I have life insurance and am age 65. Do I need this if I am retiring next year?”
12. Bonnie from Watauga asks “I have a variable annuity and have been told that this is not a good investment, should I get rid of it”?
13. Bob in Red Oak asks “I am interviewing advisors, what is the best way to compare them and what should I be looking out for?”
14. Darrick from Dallas asks “I am wondering what is safe withdrawal rate from my portfolio. I don’t want to run out of money. Help!?
15. Ben in Saginaw asks “What are my biggest risk heading into retirement”?
16. Don in Hudson Oaks asks “How much money do you need to have saved before you retire?”
17. Delores in Arlington asks “I am recently a widow and am worried about what to do next. I am a little fearful about sitting down with someone to talk about money because I let my husband handle everything. What should I do Josh”?
18. Holly in Aledo asks “I am looking forward to traveling in retirement. How much to people usually spend on travel in retirement?”
19. Rick in Hurst asks “I am getting close to age 70 and have heard I have to take money out of my IRA. What can I do with that money if I don’t need it to live off of?”
20. Donna in Mansfield asks “I am about to turn age 65 and am not sure if I should take Medicare or Medicare Advantage. What are your thoughts?”
You have been listening to Josh Strittmatter, owner of Strittmatter Wealth Management Group, located in downtown Fort Worth. Josh is a Certified Financial Planner and specializes in retirement planning, estate planning and investment management. If you would like to ask him questions directly, you can email him at email@example.com. You can also call him at 817-210-3444.